Monday, August 13, 2007

Parenting: Use an alarm clock to keep early risers in bed longer

we've talked about this idea. i guess it works for others. maybe it's worth getting an alarm clock from the goodwill.

 
 

Sent to you by David via Google Reader:

 
 

via LH -mac -news -roundup -sponsors by Wendy Boswell on Aug 12, 2007

alarm-clock.pngParent Hacks has written up an interesting way to keep your tiny early riser in bed longer:

I used an old cell phone with an alarm feature that I set for 6 am which was around his normal wake up time. My hope was that he would eventually learn that Mommy was coming when he heard the music (I always set it to the same alarm tone). I always wait for the alarm and then go into his room telling him good morning and really praising him for waking up when he is supposed to. My husband and I both thought that it would take a very long time for him to make the association, but it actually only took about a week. Since then, we have moved his wake up time back one hour. Now he may wake up and talk to himself, but he often falls back to sleep until the alarm goes off.

Anything that gives parents some extra sleep is worth a try in my book.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: