Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nintendo Wii To Get Netflix Streaming

 
 

Sent to you by David via Google Reader:

 
 

via Slashdot by CmdrTaco on 1/13/10

motang writes "Netflix and Nintendo is set to announce Netflix streaming service for the Wii soon. Subscribers who have the unlimited streaming service can watch non-HD version of the movies on their Wii with a special Netflix disc inserted." The thing I can't understand is why the PS3 and Wii have to require a disc? Both are capable of downloading applications and executing them. Why should I be required to dedicate my disc slot to stream a movie? Of course, my netflix queue is half filled with Ken Burns documentaries, so if I lost the disc, I think that would just make the wife happier.

Read more of this story at Slashdot.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: