Thursday, July 26, 2007

Maps: Determine the walkability of a neighborhood with Walk Score

 
 

Sent to you by David via Google Reader:

 
 

via LH -mac -news -roundup -sponsors by Adam Pash on Jul 23, 2007

walk-score%201.pngWeb site Walk Score rates neighborhoods for "walkability" based on their proximity to grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters, schools, libraries, and more to give you an idea of how ped-friendly an address is. I was a little surprised at the walkability score of 69 I got for my neighborhood, but I suppose walkability isn't the only consideration for home hunters, and an address about a quarter of a mile away increased my walkability score 16 points, which means the criteria for walkability is very serious about tight proximity. Oh, and incidentally, Bill Gates' house has a horrendous walk score of 7. God, his life must suck.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments: